We are always interested to hear from artists who would like to display their work as part of our exhibition programme. To be considered for exhibition work must be suitable for a specified part of our programme, that includes:
- 2 heritage themed exhibitions
- 1 community exhibition
- 1 exhibition for families
- 1 exhibition by a professional artist
We choose work based on its fit within our exhibition programme, the quality of the work and its suitability for our space and our audience. With the exception of our annual Open Exhibition, exhibitions are usually booked 9 – 18 months in advance and we do not hire our gallery space for exhibitions.
If you believe you have an exhibition or an idea that may fit with any area of our exhibitions programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When making an exhibition proposal please help us by including the following:
- Your full contact details
- Which type of exhibition within our programme you’d like your work to be considered for and why it is suitable
- A CV detailing your visual art or heritage exhibition
- A statement explaining in your work/idea, why you think this fits with our programme and how it will appeal to our audiences
- Up to 6 jpg photographs of the work that would be included
- Details of your work including size, medium and prices
Please be aware that we only pay artists when we have commissioned work. We cannot pay artists to exhibit at The Spring and we encourage artists to have all work available for sale, on which The Spring takes a 35% commission.
We receive many submissions and once we have received a proposal via email, we will confirm receipt. It may, however, be several months until we can consider your application. We are sorry that once we have received an application we cannot contact you if we decide not to take your idea further.