About The Spring museum
The Heritage Centre at The Spring celebrates and recognises the history of our borough, the people who have lived here and their stories.
Our museum is open Monday to Friday, 10am – 5pm or later when there is an evening performance, and 10am - 4pm on a Saturday. Entry to the museum is free.
- Find out how life was lived in Havant in times gone by with our collection of objects that look at life in Havant
- Enjoy the beauty of three hand painted Royal Doulton wall tile panels that once adorned the walls of the Havant War Memorial Hospital children’s ward
- Explore our 1950s recreation kitchen and decide if you could manage without a microwave or freezer
- Research your family history, local area or your own specialist subject in our free to use Research Room and computers
- Discover the past glory of the Hayling Billy train line with displays, films and an interactive model
- Hear experts share their knowledge in our Heritage Talks
- Get involved in our community projects, outreach work and research projects
As part of our work we offer special tours and workshops for children and young people in local history. Find out more.
We are also signed up to the Kids in Museums manifesto.
We are also currently developing our oral history collections. We want to record people’s memories of Havant. If you have a story to tell about Havant in the past, please contact email@example.com
As an accredited museum The Spring “demonstrates a commitment to managing collections effectively for the enjoyment and benefit of users.”
Arts Council England
Hampshire Cultural Trust
Our main collection is on display thanks to our partnership with the Hampshire Cultural Trust.
For more information about the Heritage Centre and our services or to book appointments or workshops, please contact Faith Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org