About the museum
The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre is the professional museum for the Borough of Havant. We want to celebrate and recognise the history of our borough, the people who have lived here and their stories.
Our museum gallery is open Monday to Friday, 10am – 5.30pm or later when there is an evening performance, and 10am - 4pm on a Saturday. Entry to the museum is free.
- Find out how life was lived in Havant in times gone by with our collection of objects that look at life in Havant
- Examine what lies beneath the waves along our coastline in our Coastal heritage area
- Enjoy the beauty of three hand painted Royal Doulton wall tile panels that once adorned the walls of the Havant War Memorial Hospital children’s ward
- Explore our 1950s recreation kitchen and decide if you could manage without a microwave or freezer
- Research your family history, local area or your own specialist subject in our free to use Research Room and computers
- Discover the past glory of the Hayling Billy train line with displays, films and an interactive model
- Hear experts share their knowledge in our Heritage Talks
- Get involved in our community projects, outreach work and research projects
(Please note that the Vokes Collection is no longer housed in our museum)
As part of our work we can also offer special tours and workshops for children and young people in local history. Please click here for more information.
We are also signed up to the Kids in Museums manifesto.
We are also currently developing our oral history collections. We want to record people’s memories of Havant. If you have a story to tell about Havant in the past please contact email@example.com
As an accredited museum The Spring “demonstrates a commitment to managing collections effectively for the enjoyment and benefit of users.”
Arts Council England
Hampshire Cultural Trust
Our main collection is on display thanks to our partnership with the Hampshire Cultural Trust.
For further information about the Heritage Centre and our services or to book appointments or workshops please contact our Heritage Manager Kate Saunders on 023 9224 9063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org