Room Hires during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Room Hires during the COVID 19 pandemic
We are very excited to be welcoming you to The Spring.
As a result of Covid-19 you will notice some differences in the way we manage our hires and what we ask of our hires and participants. We want everyone to have a great experience at the same time as keeping everyone safe.
Hirers and participants are required to read this document which outlines our Covid-Secure guidelines.
- Capacity of hires have been reduced to 8 people plus 1 tutor.
- Hirers must provide The Spring with a COVID risk assessment for the hire. It should include the precautions for keeping participants safe. It is recommended that this is available in the room during the hire.
- Windows must be open to allow fresh air ventilation which is necessary to decrease the viral load.
- Doors should be wedged open to allow ventilation and to reduce surface contact.
- We ask that tutors bring surface sanitiser for use in the room at the end of the session and recommend participants bring hand sanitiser for use in the room.
Hirers and Participants arriving at The Spring and at the start of your session
- Please do not come if you are unwell or have any Covid-19 symptoms. Tutors will advise participants about refunds or credit voucher procedure for individual sessions for those who are unable to attend
- Hirers and participants can arrive 15 minutes before sessions. We will be unable to let you into the building before this time.
- Please wear a mask or visor on attending The Spring. Adults unable to wear one for health reasons are not required to wear a face covering. We ask that our participants remember that not everyone is able to wear a mask and the reason for this may not be immediately visible.
- Please use the hand sanitising stations at the entrance to the building and in corridors
- When using our café, please use the marked social distance queues to place your order
- We are currently only accepting payment by card
- To support social-distancing we have limited toilet facilities. The accessible toilet and toilet in the museum will be open. The main toilets will have a one-in-one-out queuing system
At the workshop / class / rehearsal
- The room layout will have been arranged to best support social distancing by your tutor. Please support The Spring and your tutor by maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please wear a mask or visor during the workshop if requested by your tutor. Adults unable to wear one for health reasons are not required to wear a face covering. We ask that our participants remember that not everyone is able to wear a mask and the reason for this may not be immediately visible.
- You are welcome to take drinks purchased at our cafe into your workshops, but please remember to put your mask back on after you have finished your drink.
- Please return café crockery / cutlery at the end of the session and bin all rubbish.
- Please assist your tutor in keeping the room clear and clean.
- Every tutor has given us a Covid-secure risk assessment and has received information from The Spring that explains how they must work to keep themselves and all our participants safe
- Tutors will, where possible, teach the class from the front of the room
- Tutors will wear a face covering when in close proximity to participants
- Where individual support of advice is required, they will maintain social distancing.
How we will also be keeping you safe:
We are working hard to make sure our building is safe and as welcoming as possible.
In addition to asking our visitors to comply with the guidelines we will also be
- Working behind screens at the box office and bar
- Asking all our event staff to wear visors and masks
- Undertaking cleaning between workshop sessions
Please respect our staff and other visitors by abiding by our guidelines.
If you are unable to do so, please speak to a member of staff. Any customers who do not comply will be asked to leave and will not be offered refunds on their tickets.
Please check our website before your visit for any updates to these guidelines.