Visiting The Spring for live events and films during Covid-19
We are very excited to be welcoming you back to events in our theatre!
As a result of Covid-19 you will notice some differences in the way we manage the events and what we ask of our audiences. We want everyone to have a great experience at the same time as keeping everyone safe!
Please read these guidelines so you know what to expect.
Arriving at The Spring and before the show
- Please do not come if you are unwell or have any Covid-19 symptoms. We can offer full refunds or credit vouchers for audience members who are unable to attend.
- Please do not attend in groups of more than six individuals unless you are from the same household or within the same support bubble
- The Spring will open one hour before the start of the performance
- Please print your tickets at home if possible
- Entrance to the building will be by the main box office doors
- Please use the hand sanitising stations at the entrance to the building and to the theatre.
- Our staff will check your temperature at the door on your arrival. If you have an elevated temperature you will be asked to leave and the box office will contact you to arrange your refund.
- Please order your interval drinks before the start of the performance. You can place your order at the bar or the box office
- We are currently only accepting payment by card
- To support social distancing we have limited toilet facilities. The accessible toilet and toilet in the museum will be open. The main toilets will have a one-in-one-out queuing system and some of the cubicles may be closed
In the Theatre
- In order to maintain social distancing in the theatre we have reduced the capacity
- Our seating layout has been arranged to best support social distancing. Please only sit in your allocated seat
- Please wear a mask, face covering while in the theatre. Although we will have some disposable masks available, please bring your own reusable face covering wherever possible. Children under the age of 11 or those unable to wear one for health or equality reasons are not required to wear a face covering in the theatre. We ask that all customers remember that not everyone is able to wear a mask and the reason for this may not be immediately visible.
How we will also be keeping you safe:
We are working hard to make sure our events are as safe and welcoming as possible.
In addition to asking our audiences to comply with the guidelines we will also be
- Working behind screens at the box office and bar
- Asking all our event staff to wear visors and masks
- Undertaking regular cleaning and anti-viral fogging within the theatre between events
- Limiting visitors in some spaces in the building (such as the Museum and Mezzanine gallery)
Please respect our staff and other audience members by abiding by our guidelines.
If you are unable to do so, please speak to a member of staff. Any customers who do not comply will be asked to leave and will not be offered refunds on their tickets.
Please check our website before your visit for any updates to these guidelines.
Coming to events at The Spring will feel a little bit different, but you are still very welcome and we will do what we can to make sure you enjoy your visit.
3 August 2020