Reopening Covid-Secure Guidelines
We are so excited that The Spring is now open!
On this page you can read about how we are working to ensure our venue and activities are covid secure and to keep everyone safe.
We are taking our reopening slowly to make sure we can welcome you back properly and safely. This means not all our services will be available immediately and our opening hours will be reduced for the next few weeks.
From Tuesday 1 September The Spring will be Monday – Friday. 10.30am – 2.30pm.
- Our café will be open throughout the day serving a menu of light bites, cakes, snacks and our full range of drinks.
- Although our family role pay area will be closed we are offering a new toy box scheme. Request a toy box from the box office to keep little one entertained while you eat. All boxes are cleaned before and after use.
- Our Sadler Gallery will be displaying work as part of our Signs of Solidarity exhibition.
- Our museum galleries will be open and our new museum trail for families will be available. Pick up your free pack from the box office.
- Our Mezzanine Gallery will be open with Lockdown, a new exhibition by Nic Cowper and Jules Roper
- The Research Room will open. To ensure appropriate social distancing and cleaning sessions are limited and must be booked in advance via the box office.
- We will start to present some live events and films in our theatre. Please visit the What’s On Section for details. Events will be help in accordance with our theatre guidelines which are available here.
- We will continue to offer online events for people who feel happier taking part in events remotely. Please visit the What’s On Section for details
- We are happy to take room hire bookings from September
From Monday 5 October The Spring will be open Monday – Saturday. 10am – 4pm
- Our autumn workshop programme will start from the beginning of October, including regular art and dancing sessions for adults and half term workshops for families.
Keeping You Safe
Our priority is to keep all our visitors and staff safe, so you will notice a few changes around the building when you visit.
We will be asking all our visitors to follow some simple requests to make sure everyone can enjoy their visit safely. These include:
- Please do not visit The Spring if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. If one of our visitors test positive for Covid 19 we will have to close. After the team’s hard work and our excitement at seeing you again, we really hope to avoid this!
- Rule of Six
We are a Covid-secure venue and our organised activities can all go ahead within the current guidelines. Please do not visit in groups of more than six individuals unless you live in the same household or are in the same support bubble
- Track and Trace
When you arrive you will see signs asking you to text your name to a secure number. All data will be kept for 21 days and is only accessible by The Spring’s management. It is only for use for the government’s track and trace scheme to help prevent further outbreaks of Covid-19.
- Please respect social distancing.
Our new floor stickers will help show you the social distancing measures and our café tables are spaced further apart than usual. There are is also café seating in the garden room and outside when weather permits. We think we are one of the only cafes in Havant where social distancing is genuinely possible!
- Please wear a face covering
In line with government guidance, face coverings must be worn in our building. Adults unable to wear one for health reasons are not required to wear a face covering. We ask that our visitors remember that not everyone is able to wear a mask and the reason for this may not be immediately visible. Face coverings are not required when you are sitting in the café.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly. Sanitiser stations will be set up throughout the building to help with this
- Please pay by card
For the time being we are only accepting payment by card
We will be taking steps ourselves to make sure that we are acting as responsibly as possible. These steps include:
- Installing screens at the café and box office counters
- Limiting our toilet facilities. The main toilets will have a one-in-one-out queuing system. The accessible toilet and toilet in the museum will be open.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces, handles and toilets
- Limiting numbers in the museum and exhibitions paces. Please take note of our signage and respect the room capacities
Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe.